The Price & Pierce Sweden office was founded in October 2012, although their foundation was established decades ago.

Joining together from multiple trading houses, the group of individuals in our Gothenburg office, came with an extensive history from the African market. While none of the companies within the global corporation of Price & Pierce, Gould Paper or Japan Pulp and Paper had any previous trade experience in Sub-Sahara and South Africa, the office in Gothenburg commenced with an accumulated 168 years of trading expertise in Africa within the personnel of Price & Pierce Sweden.

With a clear focus on Africa the office in Gothenburg came with a strategic fit to the corporation’s global initiative of establishing long term and sustainable business in emerging markets.

The combination of local knowledge and the corporation’s vast global supplier network has enabled Price & Pierce Sweden to capture a significant market share of product supply into the Sub-Saharan and South African market.

Japan Pulp and Paper, trading on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange has publicly stated their goal of overall group revenue increasing from USD 6 billion in 2010 to USD 10 billion in 2020. Price & Pierce Sweden is well positioned to play a significant role with their continued growth in the Sub-Saharan & South African markets.

This is our History

Origins of Price & Pierce date back to 1869. Amongst its earliest activities Price & Pierce was a major seller of timber and sawn goods from North America to Russia and UK. Since 1924 Price & Pierce was listed in London Stock Exchange for 50 years.

From 1950s to 1980s it was one of the shareholders in the Russian Wood Agency in UK. Price & Pierce was also the leading pulp agency in UK and Europe for decades and in 1984 the company was sold to Sears World Trade of USA.

In 1998 the Finnish public company M-Real Corporation became the owner of the company and in 2004 Gould Paper Corporation acquired Price & Pierce.

In 2010 Gould Paper Corporation announced the sale of 51% interest to Japan Pulp & Paper. Japan Pulp & Paper plans to purchase the remaining 49% of equity in April 2015.